Transfer Credit Policy

Please review the following information to learn if your college credits will transfer to BYU and what information you will need to send to transfer them. For a full disclosure on our policy, please visit the Transfer Credits page on

  • We will accept college-level credit from colleges/universities based on regional accreditation from one of these organizations:
    • Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
    • New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC-CIHE)
    • Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
    • Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)
    • Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS-COC)
    • Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC-ACSCU)
  • Transfer Evaluation Services reviews credit from institutions that are candidates for accreditation but have not yet been given accreditation status on a case-by-case basis.
  • Remember that our transfer guides are simply that—guides. They don’t cover everything, and although we update them every school year, they are subject to change without notice.
  • You must send us all the documents and transcripts from every school that you have attended. If you do not include every document and transcript needed for admission, or any of these documents or transcripts are false, you may be suspended and lose all of your credit earned at BYU.

You may also contact Transfer Evaluation Services if you have any questions.