You can order copies of your official transcript which shows all your BYU coursework. We cannot issue partial transcripts (e.g. major only classes), or "unofficial" transcripts.
Option 1: ONLINE ORDER FORM
Order a hard copy or electronic transcript
Option 2: ORDER IN PERSON
Come to our office in B-150 ASB (see campus map)
|Electronic PDF copy||$5.00|
|Next Business Day||$14.00|
Hard copy transcripts are sent within 1-2 business days of the order date. This includes requests for next business day or international priority. Electronic transcripts are sent the same day.
Before You Order
Do you need a hard copy or electronic copy?
- Hard copy transcripts are printed on official transcript security paper and are mailed to the address you provide. Electronic copies are delivered much faster and give you the option of saving the PDF. If it needs to go to a third party recipient (school, company, etc.), check with them to see if they will accept electronic PDF copies. Also, be aware that many third parties want to receive the transcript directly from BYU instead of forwarded from you.
- Electronic transcripts are delivered in PDF format, and are meant to be viewed electronically. If printed, they become unofficial and "Copy of Certified PDF" will be displayed across the transcript. Viewing electronic transcripts on mobile devices is not supported.
Do you need recent coursework to show on the transcript?
- If you have recently completed coursework or a degree, make sure it has posted to your official record by checking your record summary before ordering.
Do you have any holds that will prevent you from ordering your transcript?
- Financial holds prevent a transcript from being ordered.
- For students who attended prior to 1979, those records may need to be digitized before an official transcript can be provided.
- Former BYU students without an ecclesiastical endorsement may still request a transcript at any time.
Are you sending a transcript to another CES school?
If you're applying to another CES school (BYU-Idaho, BYU-Hawaii, or LDSBC), order an electronic copy and have it sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you're already a BYU-Idaho student and need BYU credit sent there, order an electronic transcript and have it sent to email@example.com.
Are you applying to BYU Graduate School?
Order an electronic copy to be sent to yourself. Save the PDF to your computer, then upload it with your graduate school application.
Are you applying to medical school through AMCAS?
Use option 1 above to order online. Order an electronic copy and select the AMCAS check box. You will need to provide your AAMC ID and AAMC Transcript ID numbers.
What's on the Transcript
- Student Name
- Student ID Number
- Birth day and month
- Current major and minor
- Degrees Awarded
- Last 4 digits of SSN (optional)
- Academic recognitions
- All coursework (with grades) by semester
- Semester GPA's
- Semester hours earned and graded
- Current enrollment
- Transfer institutions with transfer hours
- BYU GPA Summary
- Total hours earned
- Total hours graded
- Memorandum area for special notations