Transcript & Score Submission
Disclaimer: Full disclosure of your academic history is required.
BYU requires official transcripts from each college a student has attended. This includes transcripts of courses taken through concurrent enrollment programs while in high school. For information about credit transferability and other FAQs, please visit transfer.byu.edu. BYU does not accept faxed college transcripts. College transcripts may be sent to BYU in the following ways:
CES Admission Services
Brigham Young University
Provo, UT 84602
- Parchment Exchange
- National Student Clearinghouse
- Parchment Exchange
- Sent directly from the university via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mailed directly from the college/university you attended
- Hand-delivered in a sealed envelope (the envelope cannot be tampered with in any way) to OneStop Student Services (D-155 ASB)
- Any international work must be submitted through IERF or WES. See Evaluating International Work for more information
AP and IB
Students who complete an AP (Advanced Placement) exam with a 3, 4, or 5 or an IB (International Baccalaureate) HL exam with a 5, 6, or 7 may receive BYU credit. Visit apib.byu.edu to see what credit may be earned for specific exam scores. If the AP scores you received from College Board don’t match your BYU record, contact Transfer Evaluation in the Registrar's Office.
If you would like to send your AP records to BYU, you can:
- Visit us in the Registrar's office (B-150 ASB) where you can log into your College Board account. Once logged in, we will print your score report and enter them directly onto your BYU student record.
- Contact College Board and pay for your score record to come to BYU.
1. At the time of testing, if you indicated that your scores should be sent to BYU, they should be sent as part of a batch process in early July each year following the test. You can view your scores on your Record Summary and see how they apply to your graduation requirements on the Progress Report.
2. If your name and/or birthdate on your College Board account don’t match with your name and/or birthdate on BYU’s records, we will not be able to automatically add your scores. Come to the Registrar’s office (B-150 ASB) and access your College Board account and we will add the AP scores to your BYU record.