How Does it Work?
The Registration cart becomes available when the class schedule is posted for a semester or term.
- Go into MyMAP and search for classes.
- Select classes and save them to your cart by clicking on the “C”.
- Submit your cart by 6 p.m. MT the day before your priority registration date.
- If you need to edit your cart, go ahead! Just remember to resubmit it.
- Normal registration resumes at midnight MT on your priority registration date.
Keep in mind that using the cart does not reserve seats or guarantee you will get the classes you save. Be prepared to register manually at midnight if the cart is unable to add what you want.
Registration Cart Rules
Submitting your Cart – Click on the green "Submit" button on the Cart page. If you fail to submit your cart, it will not be processed. After 6:00 p.m. MT the day before your priority registration day, saving to the cart becomes unavailable.
Editing your Cart – You can edit your cart after it has been submitted up until 6:00 p.m. MT the day before your priority registration date. Remember to resubmit your cart by clicking on the green “Submit” button each time changes are made.
Class Registration Rules – You will not be registered for a class if you do not meet the registration rules (e.g. prerequisite requirements or limitations).
Processing Order – The classes in your cart are processed in the order you saved them, top to bottom. Once classes are in your cart you can drag and drop to place them in the priority order you want.
Waitlist – When you submit your cart, you can choose to be placed on the waitlist for all classes that are full at the time your cart is processed. You cannot waitlist envelopes. After your cart is processed check which classes were added to a waitlist and make sure to remove yourself from any that you don’t want.
Holds – The system will not add your classes if you have registration holds. You will be warned if you have holds when you save classes to your cart to give you a chance to resolve them. Any holds placed after your cart is submitted that are unresolved will prevent the cart from processing.
Maximum hours – You can save up to 30 hours in your cart. You will not be registered for more than your max credit hour limit (undergraduate – 18 per semester/9 per term; graduate – 22 per semester/11 per term).
Multiple Sections – You cannot save more than one section of a class to your cart. Cross-listed classes will replace each other as well (e.g. Bio 446 and PWS 446). Exceptions are:
- Lecture and lab courses (e.g. PDBio 220). You can save a lecture and a lab.
- R-suffix courses (e.g. BIO 494R)
Weekly Layout and Time Conflicts. The cart will not stop you from adding classes with conflicting times. You can use the “weekly schedule” tool on the cart page to ensure that none of the classes you add to your cart conflict.
Permission-to-add codes. Classes that require a permission-to-add code can be saved to your cart, but will still not be added to your schedule without a code.
Audit. There is no way to audit a class through the cart, because you can’t add a class for audit until the first day of class with a permission-to-audit code.
Department Changes to a Class after Saved in Cart. If the department makes a change to the time, date, location, etc. of a class after you save it to your cart, the cart may not reflect those changes.
Tips to Remember
- Carts are processed randomly before midnight MT of your priority date.
- At midnight, normal registration using the "A" to add begins.
- You can always refer back to your YMessage or the cart History tab to see the results of the cart processing.
- Remember that failed adds may be due to normal registration rules, not a problem with the cart processing. Registrar's Office employees can help troubleshoot if needed.