International College Credit

All college work (not US accredited) done outside of the United States must be evaluated by an international credential evaluation agency at the applicant's expense. The CES schools' preferred agency is International Education Research Foundation (IERF). If applying for the evaluation online, be sure to select BYU-Undergraduate as the recipient, as IERF works with a number of BYU departments. This will ensure that your report reaches the correct office.  Also, when selecting report type, you must select "detail report." View this video for more instructions. 

We will also accept a report from World Education Services (WES), the required type of evaluation report for high school (secondary education) documents is "DxD", and the required type of evaluation report for college or university documents is "CxC". 

After admission to BYU, your transfer credit will be evaluated, and we will determine if your courses are equivalent to a course that completes general education requirements.  You will receive an email once your credit has been evaluated. To see how your courses have transferred, go to RECSUM after logging in to  You will need to contact your major advisor to evaluate credit that may fill major requirements after you have been admitted. 

If you feel that you have not received the correct evaluation for a general education class, please send us course syllabi (in English and in the native language) for the class in question. You can find course descriptions in your previous university’s course catalog, and if you are unable to provide course syllabi, only general or elective credit may be granted.

If you took any Institute of Religion credit, follow the instructions on the Transferring Religion Credit page.