Graduation: What to Expect
BYU holds graduation ceremonies every April and August. Graduation includes many events celebrating the graduates and their achievements.
These steps outline the graduation process:
- Apply for Graduation and finish all of your requirements.
- Order your cap and gown.
- Attend commencement and your college convocation.
- Stop by the Hinckley Center Assembly Hall with your family from 9:30 to 11:00 am to meet President and Sister Worthen. (optional)
- Return your cap and gown and wait to receive your diploma in the mail.
3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
8:00 am -5:00 pm
9:30 am - 11:00 am
You don’t need tickets for any graduation event. Please arrive early to each event in Sunday dress. Cameras (except tripods) are welcome.
Make sure your family is seated in the Marriott Center by 3:15 pm to watch the processional and live Storify feed (#byugrad). Picture taking is welcome before the processional and after the commencement ceremony.
Making the Most of a Visit
Take time exploring campus with your graduate!
Dine at one of our restaurants or visit a museum:
Take a picture of your graduate at one of these popular spots:
- The "Enter to Learn, Go Forth to Serve" sign at the entrance to campus
- The waterfall, pond, and garden near the bell tower
- The bronze cougar at the southwest corner of Lavell Edwards Stadium
- The botany ponds at the south side of campus
- The Brigham Young statue on the south side of the ASB
- The Gordon B. Hinckley Alumni and Visitors Center
Lodging & Activities
Visit the Utah Valley website to find lodging, activities, and other information in Provo and Utah Valley.
Directions and Parking
Free parking is available on campus for commencement and convocations at any "Y" lot or visitor lot on campus. Click here to view a map of all parking at BYU, or use the parking map below to see the graduation event locations and nearby parking.