You must have a current ecclesiastical endorsement and be enrolled in a degree seeking program in order to apply for graduation.
Your ecclesiastical endorsement must be current at the time of your graduation.
There are four ways to access your Ecclesiastical Endorsement:
- endorsement.byu.edu – click on “Student”
- myBYU page > Campus Links – click on “School”, scroll down and click on “Student Endorsement”
- MyMAP – (beneath profile picture) click on question mark in Endorsement Box – click on “Student
- On the Graduation Website, go to “How to Apply for Graduation.”#2 has a link – ecclesiastical endorsement.#3 has a link “online graduation application” which brings up a link “Request an Endorsement.”
After selecting “Student”, choose the option that describes your current status:
- CONTINUING/CURRENTLY ENROLLED at BYU
- MISSIONARY/OTHER (this choice includes former students who are not currently enrolled at BYU or students completing their degree off campus eg. Independent Study)
When filling out the application, only graduations covered under the current ecclesiastical endorsement will appear.
If you have missed the application deadline for an upcoming graduation not listed in the drop down menu, a new ecclesiastical endorsement must be submitted. Once the completed and cleared endorsement has been received electronically from the bishop and/or stake president, the application for graduation can be resubmitted immediately.
If you are in a non-degree seeking program, please contact your advisement center before applying for graduation.
If you do not graduate within 8 years of your first enrollment at BYU, you may be required to do additional work in your major and GE program.