Grade Submission

Grade Submission for the Current Semester
Failing Grades and Financial Aid
Incomplete Contracts
Grade Submission FAQs 

Grade rolls are available through MyBYU/AIM the last day of class instruction (for first term classes, grade rolls are available the last day of first term class instruction). Grades are due at 12:00 noon on these dates:



Summer 2018

Fall 2018

Winter 2019

Spring 2019

Friday, August 24, 2018

Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Thursday, May 2, 2019

Friday, June 28, 2019

We are happy to help you with any grade-related questions.  Call us at 801-422-6567. We encourage you to get grades in early and to double-check the status of your grade submission prior to the deadline. 


Grade Submission for the Current Semester

You can access your AIM grade rolls for the current semester beginning the last day of class until the grade submission deadline for the semester by following these steps:

  1. Login to MyBYU.
  2. Click on Work in the Campus Links box.
  3. Select Grade Rolls from the options.
  4. Your classes for the current semester will be listed.
    • To find a past semester, click Year Term and select a different semester.
    • If you do not see a class you need access to, contact your department to find out why you are not listed as the instructor.
  5. Click on Roll (in the Links column) for the grade roll you need.

You can see the grade roll status on the Grade Roll Selection page or in the grade roll itself.

  • Available = Grades are not in, and students will receive NS grades at the deadline.
  • Saved = Grades are not in, and students will receive NS grades at the deadline.
  • Submitted = Grades are in, and students will see their grades after the deadline.
  • Posted = Grades are in, and students can see their grades now.

If needed, you can add Grading or Teaching Assistants to enter grades for you.


Failing Grades and Financial Aid

When you enter a failing grade, you will be asked to enter the last date of participation for that student. Since a student has to attend the classes for which he/she receives Federal Student Aid, we need you to verify the student's attendance. The date of last participation in the class will determine how much federal student aid, if any, will need to be returned to the government.

When deciding the date, consider the following student participation:

  • Being physically present in a class where you can talk with your instructor and other students
  • Turning in a class assignment
  • Taking an exam
  • Viewing a tutorial or computer-assisted instruction
  • Attending a study group for class
  • Taking part in an online class discussion
  • Asking a faculty member about class material or content


Incomplete Contracts

Students may request an Incomplete grade (I) if they had a non-academic emergency (serious illness, personal injury, death in the immediate family, etc.) occur after the discontinuance deadline.  An Incomplete contract allows the student to have up to one year to complete unfinished coursework.

When you submit final grades, an ‘I’ grade entered into the grade roll will change to a failing (E) grade until the Incomplete contract is received in the Registrar’s Office. 

When the student completes the contract requirements and you are ready to report the final grade, write the grade and your signature on the white copy of the contract and send it to the Registrar’s Office.

What are the qualifications for a student to receive an Incomplete grade?

  • The student must have a non-academic circumstance that prevents them from finishing the class.
  • The student must be passing the class and have been attending up through the discontinuance deadline.
  • The student must be able to finish the coursework with the instructor.
  • The student cannot re-register or “sit in” the class to finish the coursework (unless special circumstances require attendance in a portion of a class or lab).

Students are instructed to:

  1. Obtain permission from the instructor to do an Incomplete contract.
  2. Pick up the Incomplete contract at the Registrar’s Office (B-150 ASB).
  3. Take the form to the instructor right away and fill out the contract.  (The contract is not valid until an instructor has signed it.)
    • The student keeps the pink copy of the contract form.
    • The instructor keeps the white copy.
    • The yellow copy is given to the Registrar’s Office by the student or the instructor.  An ‘I’ grade will be posted to the student record after the contract is received.
  4. Complete the contract terms by the deadline determined by the instructor (not to exceed one year).
  5. The instructor will complete the white copy of the form by including the final grade and signature.


Grade Submission FAQs

Why does my browser need to allow pop-ups for grade submission?

If you have disabled pop-ups on your browser, the submission process will not work.  To temporarily allow pop-ups, hold down the Ctrl button on your keyboard while you click savesubmit, or post.

What if I want someone else to submit my grades for me?

You can give someone the role of Grading or Teaching Assistant.

I can view my grade roll for a class, but there is no way to input grades (no bubble sheet).  Is something wrong?

There are two possibilities:

  1. Grade rolls are not available (they open on the last day of class for that semester and close at the grade submission deadline).
  2. Your grade roll is set to accept grades from the Learning Suite Gradebook instead of AIM.  To change this, click on the Instructor Schedule page link above your list of students in the grade roll.

What if I do not submit my grades on time?

Your students will receive NS (Not Submitted) grades.  You will need to do online grade changes in AIM as soon as possible after grade processing is complete.

What if there is a student listed on my grade roll who has never attended or stopped attending my class?

Enter a failing grade (E) for the student. It is up to the student to see if there was an error made in registration.