A diploma shows that you have completed your coursework at BYU. Final grades and coursework are usually posted onto your transcript after graduation.
About Your Diploma
- We send your diploma to your mailing address 3 to 8 weeks after graduation.
- You choose and confirm the name that you want on your diploma when you apply for graduation.
- You won’t get your diploma if you have a financial hold.
- You will get your diploma cover at convocation. Contact the Registrar's Office for your diploma cover if you don’t choose to participate in convocation.
What's on Your Diploma
Information on your diploma:
- University name and place
- Student name
- Degree - BA, BS, BM, BFA, MBA, MS, MA, PhD, JD, etc.
- Major (Only for December 2008 and after graduates. Only the primary major is listed for dual majors.)
- Date the degree was awarded
- Signature of the President of the Board of Trustees and the President of the University
- University seal
- University honors/Latin Distinction
Bachelor’s and Master’s diplomas: 8 1/2 x 11 in.
Doctorate diplomas: 11 x 14 in.
How to Reorder Your Diploma
To order a duplicate diploma, please contact Records and Registration by phone or send the following information through YMessage, mail, or fax:
- Name (exactly as it should appear on the diploma)
- # Copies of Diploma
- Contact Information
- How to Receive Your Diploma: Mail or Pick up (choose one)
- Special Requests (Notarized, mailed Express Mail)
- Credit Card Information (not accepted through email)
Bachelor and Master’s diplomas: $10.00
Bachelor and Master's diploma covers: $5.00
Doctorate diplomas: $15.00
Doctorate diploma covers: $10.00
Students who graduated after 2003 can order an eDiploma for $5.00 by following these steps:
- Go to https://www.michaelsutter.com/byu.
- Enter in BYU ID number and last name.
- Click "Search My BYU Diploma".
- Click on "BYU eDiploma Login".
- Enter email address for the diploma to be sent to.
- Enter credit card information.
- Submit the order.
A signed and certified PDF of the diploma is emailed within minutes.