April 27, 2017
Commencement is the beginning of the celebration for all graduates, their family and friends, faculty/staff and administrators. Dressed in their caps and gowns, graduates walk in a procession to the Marriott Center. The president of BYU and invited dignitaries then welcome the graduates at the Marriott Center.
- Tickets are not required, and seating is open.
- The Marriott Center opens 2 hours before the ceremony.
- For special needs seating, please contact the Special Events Office at (801) 422-6022 for assistance. (If you need signing services, seating is located off the concourse level walk-in between Portals H and J on the television platform area.)
- Commencement lasts approximately 1 1/2 hours.
- Students who graduate in December are invited to attend the next April graduation ceremonies and those who graduate in June are invited to attend the August graduation ceremonies.
Elder Bradley D. Foster will be the speaker at Brigham Young University's April 2017 Commencement Exercises. Elder Foster is a General Authority Seventy of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Elder Bradley D. Foster was sustained as a General Authority Seventy of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on April 4, 2009. He has served in Buenos Aires, Argentina in the South America South Area Presidency, and in the North America Southwest Area. He currently serves as Executive Director of the Family History Department.
Elder Foster attended Ricks College focusing on preveterinary studies. In 1971 he started his own company, Foster Agri Business. He has served as a member of the Idaho Potato Commission, on the board of directors for Farm Credit Bank, and on the President’s Advancement Council at BYU–Idaho.
Elder Foster has served in numerous Church callings, including full-time missionary in Texas, bishop, stake president, and president of the California Arcadia Mission (1992–1995).
Bradley Duane Foster was born in Rigby, Idaho, on March 5, 1949. He married Sharol Anderson in May 1971 in the Idaho Falls Temple. They are the parents of four daughters.
Graduates assemble for the academic procession
(in the parking lots north of ASB)
|3:15 pm||Family and friends to be seated in the Marriott Center|
|3:15 pm||Academic procession departs from the ASB|
4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
|University Commencement Services in the Marriott Center|