April 26, 2018
Commencement is the beginning of the celebration for all graduates, their family and friends, faculty/staff and administrators. Dressed in their caps and gowns, graduates walk in a procession to the Marriott Center. The president of BYU and invited dignitaries then welcome the graduates at the Marriott Center.
- Tickets are not required, and seating is open.
- The Marriott Center opens 2 hours before the ceremony.
- For special needs seating, please contact the Special Events Office at (801) 422-6022 for assistance. (If you need signing services, seating is located off the concourse level walk-in between Portals H and J on the television platform area.)
- Commencement lasts approximately 1 1/2 hours.
- Students who graduate in December are invited to attend the next April graduation ceremonies and those who graduate in June are invited to attend the August graduation ceremonies.
Graduates assemble for the academic procession
(in the parking lots north of ASB)
|3:15 pm||Family and friends to be seated in the Marriott Center|
|3:15 pm||Academic procession departs from the ASB|
4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
|University Commencement Services in the Marriott Center|