Life Sciences Student Services
Shauna C. Anderson Young, Assistant Dean
2060 LSB, (801) 422-3042
Admission to Life Sciences Preparation (Premajor Program)
The program has open enrollment.
This is a premajor program for students interested in biology or life sciences and haven't decided on a specific major. It will allow students to investigate the science classes and then move to a major in the college without losing time to graduation.
- Articulate and define personal, educational, and career goals.
- Describe critical thinking and be able to use it in pertinent decision-making processes.
- Realistically evaluate personal academic records.
- Design a curriculum plan that will meet career goals in the most time efficient manner.
- Describe character attributes that reflect high moral and ethical standards.
- Define and implement service in a broad context.
- Characterize the attributes of a responsible citizen.
- Access campus resources.
- Obtain a working knowledge of the university catalog and class schedule.
- Become proficient at MyMAP.
- Meet regularly with an academic advisor and come prepared to advising sessions.
- Save copies of all important academic paperwork.